Fédération Internationale pour la Planification Familiale-Région du monde arabe recrute
Humanitarian Adviser Arab World and Africa Regions
Regional Humanitarian Advisor, Arab World and Africa Regions (AWRO/ARO)
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Function/Division: Capacity Sharing
Responsible to: Assistant Regional Director – Capacity Sharing, AWRO (with shared functional reporting line to Humanitarian Director, CO)
Date: August 2020
1. JOB PURPOSE
• To contribute to upholding Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of all people, particularly the most marginalized and vulnerable in humanitarian settings in IPPF AWRO/ARO regions, by building institutional capacities of MAs across the regions to provide life-saving SRH services at the onset of humanitarian crises.
• To provide programmatic and strategic oversight to the humanitarian portfolio within/across the AWRO/ARO regions.
• To collaborate closely with other colleagues across the IPPF Secretariat and Federation including other members of the global humanitarian, technical, strategic partnerships and programmes teams to ensure the sound design, development and delivery of humanitarian programmes in the AWRO/ARO regions.
2. KEY TASKS
1. Support MAs in leveraging timely, efficient and life-saving responses by advising, promoting and providing guidance on IPPF’s Emergency Activation System, the IPPF Emergency Response Fund, Global Surge Roster and relevant policies, procedures, standards, technical tools and systems.
2. Develop the AWR/AR regions’ overall capacity on crisis preparedness, response and recovery through remote and in-country support to MAs focused on scaling service delivery, developing strategic partnerships and engaging in advocacy initiatives.
3. Provide programmatic and strategic support to MAs in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of humanitarian programmes.
4. Foster and reinforce linkages between/among MAs in the region and with the IPPF Humanitarian Capacity Development Centres to enhance humanitarian responses, knowledge sharing and leveraging of resources.
5. Facilitate resource mobilization in support of response efforts, including through assistance to MAs to access humanitarian pooled funds, the UNCERF and other relevant mechanisms for ongoing and new and/or emerging emergencies in the AWRO/ARO regions.
6. Assist MAs to develop proposals, workplans, budgets and quality reports for humanitarian projects in line with IPPF and donor requirements.
7. Represent IPPF at external regional humanitarian forums, conferences and working groups with the aim to showcase IPPF humanitarian programming, build strategic partnerships and identify funding opportunities.
8. Actively participate as a member of the Global Humanitarian Team, to ensure alignment with global strategic initiatives, advocacy priorities and technical approaches related to humanitarian.
9. Act as the focal point for all activities related to IPPF humanitarian response in the AWR/AR regions, when engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
10. Liaise with other AWRO and ARO departments/units as appropriate for the implementation of the above tasks.
11. Build and maintain positive working relations with all members of staff and contacts both within and outside the Federation, and work in close collaboration with other team members to ensure integrated execution of quality and timely humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery activities.
12. Stimulate a learning environment within the regional offices and among MAs, in collaboration with colleagues from the global humanitarian team and other departments to contribute to learning on humanitarian issues.
13. Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
a) Staff responsibilities carried out by the job holder
• As assigned for supervision (staff and/or consultants)
b) Financial responsibilities carried by the job holder
• Budget responsibility for technical and programmatic support elements of humanitarian projects managed or led by AWRO.
c) Advisory responsibilities carried out by the job holder
• Advise the senior management team at AWRO/ARO offices and MAs on strategic and technical issues relating to humanitarian settings and emergency response.
Communicates effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing. Can communicate complex messages such that they are well understood and understands the need to adapt communication methods to the audience. Effectively plans communication in order to influence and/or achieve goals.
Finds out what is happening across the sector to identify good ideas and/or best practices. Maintains a network of contacts within and outside the sector who provide useful information and ideas.
• Problem solving and decision making
Uses logic to quickly analyse a problem and identify the root cause. Organises information to weigh up alternatives, and generate and evaluate solutions. Demonstrates the ability and tenacity to solve complex and difficult problems.
Capacity and willingness to collaborate and be flexible in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Gender/cultural awareness
Has a rights-based and gender perspective coupled with awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural environment in which IPPF operates. Understands the nature of national, ethnic and cultural differences – is sensitive to cultural cues and is able to adapt quickly in novel situations.
• Team working
Able to work independently and be self-motivated in defining goals and objectives, while also working collaboratively in a team across offices, teams, disciplines and cultures. Promotes teamwork and collaboration, actively steps in to help others.
5. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Postgraduate/ professional qualification in social science, public health, international development or any other relevant discipline.
6. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Advanced experience in the design and management of humanitarian programmes, with considerable field experience in the AWR/AR regions.
• Thorough technical knowledge of SRHR, gender and rights in humanitarian contexts.
• International profile, with established connections to relevant SRH/humanitarian stakeholders and in particular in the AWRO/ARO regions.
• Advanced project management, financial management, analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to think creatively and suggest alternatives.
• Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
• Advanced computing skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Fluent in spoken and written English, Arabic (essential) and proficient in French (highly desirable).
8. ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENTS
• Willingness to travel internationally – maximum of 20 days a year (likely less)
• Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural and diverse environment in which IPPF operates
• Supportive of a woman’s right to choose and have access to safe abortion services
• Commitment to put equality, diversity and inclusion into practice
• Understanding of and a commitment to safeguarding including child protection, in a local and international context
Comment postuler :
Interested qualified candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for applications is 30th September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
International Planned Parenthood Federation
Arab World Regional Office
Ville : Tunis
Nom / Entreprise : Fédération Internationale pour la Planification Familiale-Région du monde arabe
Email : email@example.com
Adresse : Mutuellle ville – 1082 Tunis
Vertex recrute Infographiste Profil: • Lieu de travail: Bardo habib bourguiba • Horaires de travail: de 09 à 18:30 • Formation assurée • Logiciels maitrisés: Photoshop & illustrator • Tâches principales: création & impression de plusieurs
Water Techno Traitement recrute Responsable Commercial en Traitement des Eaux Profil: Responsable commercial avec expérience Comment postuler : Envoyer votre CV par mail firstname.lastname@example.org Ville : Grand Tunis Nom / Entreprise : WATER TECHNO TREATMENT Email : email@example.com Tel
Justech recrute Technico-commercial Missions: – Gérer et développer le portefeuille client – Prospecter et visiter les clients – Assurer le suivi des ventes – Facturation Profil: Formation en commerce Connaissance approfondie du français, anglais et arabe